A disallowance will be applied to any qualified family whose annual income increases due to one of the following reasons:
1. Employment of a family member who was previously unemployed for one or more years prior to employment.
2. Increased earnings by a family member during participation in any economic self-sufficiency or other job training program.
3. New employment or increased earnings of a family member during or within 6 months after receiving assistance, benefits or services under any state program for temporary assistance (TANF, Welfare-to-Work).
▪ TANF assistance may consist of any amount of monthly income maintenance,
▪ At least $500 in such TANF benefits and services as one-time payments, wage subsidies and transportation assistance.
▪ The $500 minimum dollar requirement applies only to one-time benefits, wage subsidies, and transportation.
The Earned Income Disallowance will begin on the first day of the month following the effective date of employment or the first day of the month following an increase in income.
The full amount of increase is excluded, and the exclusion extends for a total of 12 cumulative months.